I have a new favorite appetizer and it’s lasagna dip! This takes chips and dip to a whole new level. My friend, Amanda, suggested making it because apparently she thinks of me when it comes to things that are inspired by lasagna other than traditional lasagna. She makes me giggle.
I bet it had something to do with my lasagna grilled cheese sandwiches that I had posted on here quite some time ago or maybe my spicy lasagna soup. Okay, it makes sense now. I am a lover of lasagna, if you haven’t noticed. When giving the choice for what I want for my birthday dinner from my mama, I always request her lasagna. She’s the best cook!
I really wanted to serve this up with slices of toasted baguette, but I forgot the baguette. Chips work great too! I would have made one, but someone has been busy taking their son to jurassic quest. I then conveniently came down with a stomach bug for a day. I’m on the mend now, but definitely not ready to get in the kitchen to bake some bread. Plus, my husband wouldn’t let me near anything he would be touching because he doesn’t want to catch the bug. That means I got out of making dinner! Wooohoooo!
Anyway, this lasagna dip is great for any gathering. Whether it’s a family reunion or a game day party, everyone will love it. It’s quite filling too since it’s loaded with ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Plus there’s half a pound of Italian hot sausage in it. Add in toasted slices of bread and this dip could probably feed an army.
Finally, here’s the recipe! I guess I’m a little chatty Cathy tonight. RARE!
- ½ lb. Italian hot sausage (about 3 links)
- 1 + ¼ cups RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 8 slices of mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add in about ½ pound of hot sausage. I used 3 links and removed the casings. Break the meat apart as it browns. When the meat is fully cooked, drain off any fat.
- Add in the roasted garlic sauce and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, add the ricotta, shredded mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in the dried parsley and garlic powder. Mix the cheeses, parsley, and garlic together until incorporated.
- Spread the cheese mixture into the bottom of a 8x8 dish.
- Add the meat sauce on top of the cheese.
- Add the thin slices of mozzarella on top of the meat sauce.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 27 - 30 minutes until bubbling.
- Serve hot with bread or chips.
I have two questions for you to answer. Do you think that your mom’s food is so much better than anyone elses? Second question, what’s your favorite RAGÚ® sauce?