This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.
It’s been a little strange here in New York. I’m not sure if the weather knows it, but it’s not supposed to be 62 here in December. Luckily, that was yesterday. The cold, whipping wind today had me throwing together this caramel cashew hot cocoa. Maybe the weather realized that we’re all hoping for a white Christmas. We being myself and my son, while Wesley is over here wanting a warm balmy holiday.
Cashews are so tasty. Have you ever had cashew butter? I used it in this recipe because I like an extra creamy hot cocoa. It was perfect and went great with the Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend that I used. If you have someone in the family that’s lactose intolerant like my little boy, the cashewmilk blend is delicious.
I didn’t stir in my caramel in the bottom, because I thought it looked so pretty. You should serve yours the same way and make your guests stir it before drinking it. It’s gorgeous separated. Ahhhhh, I love it! I also get giddy over the different colored layered drinks for the summer. I guess I really appreciate some pretty drinks. Heyyyy, next week I’m going to hook you up with my hubby’s Christmas drink tradition that his dad and he does. Maybe I can get him to step in and say a little something on the subject. *wink wink*
Caramel Cashew Hot Cocoa
- In a small saucepan, add in the cashewmilk blend, cocoa powder, sugar and cashew butter. Let it heat over medium heat and stir occasionally. Remove from the heat just before it begins to boil. Small bubbles will start to form on the outer edges of the pan.
- Prepare the mug by using 1/2 tablespoon of caramel to rim them.
- Place the finely chopped nuts on a plate and but the caramel rimmed glass into the nuts. Rotate the mug around to coat it with the nuts.
- Add a tablespoon of caramel syrup into the bottom of each mug.
- Pour the hot cocoa into two mugs. Stir in the caramel syrup and serve!
Remember to head over to AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com and take a chance to win the ultimate kitchen prize pack