This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always, all opinions are my own.
Let's take a minute to admire the color of these blueberry almonds. They have an intense blueberry flavor too! They make the perfect addition to these blueberry almond shortbread bars. The shortbread is buttery and chewy. The dried wild blueberries I used are also chewy, sweet and compliment the blueberry almonds.
The white chocolate drizzle on top of the bars was more of a garnish. Though, I think white chocolate chips inside the bar would be tasty. I thought it would jazz up the bars. I think it did the trick, what do you think?
I still have a couple more weeks of summery recipes before I go full blown Fall. I hope you don't have a problem with that. I love having the opportunity to use berries in my recipes.
Blueberry Almond Shortbread Bars
- 2 oz . almond paste
- 1 cup butter room temperaturer
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup dried wild blueberries
- ⅓ cup Blue Diamond blueberry almonds chopped
- 1 square vanilla flavored almond bark melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper in a 9x13 pan. I left the parchment paper hanging over to use as a lip to pull the bars out after they're chilled.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond paste. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the butter and granulated sugar and mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the dried blueberries and chopped blueberry almonds.
- Place in the preheated oven for 27 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Place the bars in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Remove bars from the fridge and cut into 12 squares.
- Melt the 1 square of vanilla almond bark in a freezer bag for 2 30 second intervals. Be sure to smash the almond bark before letting it go a second 30 seconds. This will help it from burning.
- Cut a very small hole in the corner of one bag. Drizzle the vanilla coating over each square. Let dry for 15 minutes. Serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
I've already ate two of these and I just made them yesterday. I feel like I deserve it since I spent the entire weekend eating out in New York City and have lost a pound. I'm not sure how I did it, but I think it was a miracle.