I’m quite the collector of booze, not that I drink a ton of it but I like to have it on hand for recipes. I dug out my Irish cream for this Baileys chocolate mousse recipe. The recipe is not only boozy, but rich and creamy. It is perfect with or without whipped cream.
I’m not sure how often this happens to you, but I get super excited when I write a recipe and it turns out amazing the first time out. There are times that I jump for joy after tasting it and realizing it’s a recipe that will knock your socks off. Other times, I grin ear-to-ear for like an hour straight. This, my friends, is why I’m a food blogger.
Here’s the downside of me being a food blogger. If my recipe fails 2+ times, I get incredibly irritable. It will ruin my entire day every single time. If I made it, corrected the recipe and made it again all in one day and it still fails, you better just keep your distance.
Oh my gosh. Just look at it. If you’re wondering, I did make this on St. Paddy’s Day. I didn’t have time that day to get it up on the blog though. So, I put it up until after Easter. But seriously, Baileys is good enough to use year around.
Baileys Chocolate Mousse
- 1 tsp . unflavored gelatin
- 1 + 1/2 T. cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 4 oz . semi-sweet baking chocolate melted and cooled
- In a small bowl, add in the gelatin and cold water. Let it set for about 10 minutes until the gelatin is bloomed. It will be completely gelled up. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium until soft peaks begin to form.
- Microwave the bloomed gelatin for 30 seconds. Make sure all of the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add in the gelatin and powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the irish cream and melted chocolate. Continue to mix until incorporated. The chocolate should be about room temperature. That will help prevent the chocolate from melting the whipped cream mixture.
- Add the mousse into a piping bag and pipe into dishes.
- Place in the fridge and let set up for at least an hour. Serve!