Last week during the crazy days of trying to get my special blogiversary post ready for the big day I had received two different messages from two wonderful bloggers about nominating me for the Liebster Award. At first, I was like.. Wow awesome, wait what is it? After doing some reading up, I’m ready to write up my post for it.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the interview questions provided by the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and provide 11 questions to ask your nominees.
3. Nominate several bloggers with the Liebster award. The bloggers should have under 1000 followers and be someone you think deserves recognition. Contact the nominees to let them know they’ve been nominated.
4. Lastly, upload the Liebster award onto your blog.
Interview with Emily:
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you get started? I’ve been blogging a year. There are a few reasons I started blogging. I love baking. I stay at home with my son and wanted to have a hobby. I wanted goals to be able to work towards.
2. What is one thing you wish you could do over? I’m pretty happy with everything so far except I wish I would have participated more with social media. It’s really a necessity in the blogging world.
3. What is your favorite dessert? Right now, I would say the fried cheesecake at a diner that’s in my hometown.
4. What is your favorite place in the world? I have two. Both are slightly ridiculous. One is my own bed. Two is a state park my family has always camped at since I remember. It’s called Hills Creek State Park.
5. Do you have a secret ingredient that you won’t share when you give out a recipe? If I’m sharing it on my blog, the ingredients are all there. If I want to keep it to myself and you’re not my mom or aunts, I may or may not keep the secret ingredient on the down low.
6. What is your favorite color? brown.. or tan.
7. What is your favorite money saving tip? Bury your money in a tin can in random locations in your yard. Just kiddinggg. I love coupons and sales. That’s all I’ve got.
8. Where would you go if you went on a dream vacation? Australia. My gramma and I always wanted to go there together. She’s no longer with us, so I would go in her memory.
9. What is your favorite thing to write about? Food and family.
10. What was your favorite childhood toy and do you still have it? My Barbie collection. Yes, I keep it all at my parents. I’m saving it to go to someone special that will appreciate it as much as I did.
11. What is one thing you do every single day? Call my mom. Kiss my husband and son and tell them I love them.
Interview with Jessica:
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start? Answer is above in the first interview.
2. What is your favorite thing to write about? Food and family.
3. What is your favorite blog? I have a few, but my very first one was In Katrina’s Kitchen.
4. What is one piece of advice you would share with a brand new blogger? Join some blogger groups. They are the most supportive people ever! Be yourself. Get involved with social media.
5. Do you have any blogger inspirations? (Blogs you’d like to model yourself after or follow in their footsteps) Elizabeth from Sugar Hero. She’s sweet, takes beautiful pictures, and makes the most decadent goodies.
6. What is your favorite memory? I have a couple. As a little girl, camping with my family and riding bike all over. As a little girl, helping my gramma cook for a club she was in. As an adult, meeting my husband for the first time in a college class. As an adult, seeing and holding my baby boy for the first time.
7. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? To the outer banks, in North Carolina.
8. What is your favorite app/website? Pinterest.
9. If you could be anything, what would it be? A stay-at-home mom and food blogger.
10. What’s one life lesson you’d like to share? If you start college, finish it! Those loans will not pay themselves.
11. What are some of your guilty pleasures? Dove caramel filled chocolates. Napping in the middle of the afternoon. Fried cheesecake. Fried bloomin’ onions. Buying tons of makeup.
That was a whole lot of questions!
11 Random Facts:
1. I drink diet pepsi every single day.
2. I love animals. I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a bird.
3. I suffer from anxiety big BIG time.
4. I’m deathly afraid of roller coasters. My husband loves them.
5. I’m a scorpio.
6. I made enough money from doing surveys online to buy myself a Kitchenaid mixer.
7. I’m 27 and paranoid about wrinkles around my eyes.
8. I love plaid of all sorts.
9. I love to garden and have a lot of success at it outside. I can’t keep a single house plant alive.
10. I still cry when I think or talk about my gramma. She passed away November of 2011.
11. I majored in court reporting in college.
Glazed and Confused
Lemon Jelly Cake
My Nominee Questions:
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
2. What’s your favorite thing to write about?
3. What’s your favorite social media?
4. What’s your favorite holiday?
5. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
6. What is one thing you cannot live without?
7. What’s your favorite meal?
8. What’s your favorite dessert?
9. How do you relieve stress?
10. What’s your favorite television series?
11. Have you ever worked this hard on a post because of an award?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.