When you want a fresh, tart, cold dessert salad with fresh fruit on a hot summer day, you cannot beat the Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad. This creamy salad combines the magic of cheesecake instant pudding mix with the flavors of strawberry and banana to make a light and flavorful treat everyone loves.
Serve our cold cheesecake salad for a picnic or potluck event or make it for your grandkids and serve it like ice cream. Cheesecake strawberry salad is perfect for any occasion. I like to serve it in glass parfait cups to fancy it up!
Ingredients for Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- Cream Cheese - You'll need time to thaw this to room temperature.
- Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix - I love this product! It was such a pleasant surprise.
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt - You just need a six-ounce container.
- Whipped Topping - This usually comes frozen so make sure you give it time to thaw.
- Fresh Strawberries and Bananas - Look for ripe bananas or plan ahead so yours have time to ripen.
- Lemon Juice or Fruit Fresh - This keeps the bananas from browning as much.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
Our cheesecake fruit salad is easy to make and fun to serve! You can pull this together in fifteen minutes or less and then let it chill while you make the rest of your meal.
First, beat your room temperature cream cheese until it smooths out. Then add the dry pudding mix and strawberry banana yogurt and beat it again until thoroughly mixed. Beat in the whipped topping half at a time.
Finish by folding in the strawberries and bananas. Place your salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. It will need to chill for at least thirty minutes. If you plan to chill it overnight, don't add the fruit. You can fold the fruit in right before serving the salad.
Tips for Best Results
Test the sweetness of the cream cheese mixture before adding in the fruit. If you want it sweeter, add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and mix until you reach your desired sweetness.
The bananas will begin to brown pretty quickly. Toss them with lemon juice or Fruit Fresh right away.
You can add more or fewer strawberries and bananas to this recipe. It's all preference.
Buy brand name quality cream cheese. Compare the store brand to the quality brand name and you will see that the store brand often has added ingredients for thickening and fillers. This throws off your recipe.
Switch things up! You can pair different flavors of yogurt with matching fruit to vary the flavors. Strawberry kiwi yogurt with freshly sliced kiwi, Orange yogurt with mandarin oranges, peach yogurt with diced peaches, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I store Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad?
This salad needs to be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. The bananas will brown over time even with the lemon juice or fruit fresh so it will only keep for a couple of days.
Is Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad a side dish or a dessert?
It can be either depending on the meal and your preference.
Will fruit in cheesecake fruit salad turn brown?
Even though you have tossed your bananas in lemon juice or fruit fresh, they will eventually turn brown, but at a much slower rate than if they were left plain.
What's the difference between cheesecake salad and ambrosia?
Our cheesecake salad has a little yogurt but is mostly made of cream cheese and whipped cream. Ambrosia is typically made of all yogurt and whipped cream.
What to serve with cheesecake salad?
Serve this dish as a side for a savory meal that needs a little sweet touch. It can also be served on its own as a dessert.
Can you make strawberry banana cheesecake salad ahead of time?
Yes. If this is your plan we recommend you mix up everything except the fresh fruit and chill the salad overnight. Prepare your fruit and fold it into the salad right before serving.
More Great Cream Cheese Desserts
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Snickers Salad
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
- Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Cake Pops
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3.4 ounce box cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 6 ounces strawberrry banana yogurt
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 pound (about 2 ¾ cups) fresh strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 3 - 4 ripe bananas sliced
- lemon juice or fruit fresh to coat the bananas so they don't turn brown
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the dry pudding mix and strawberry banana yogurt to the cream cheese. Beat until creamy and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in half of the whipped topping and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the remaining whipped topping. Beat in until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and bananas.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)