Peanut butter and jam cups. Need I say more? The correct answer is no, but I’m going to anyway. As I said earlier this week, I thought I would post a couple kid friendly sweet treats this week. Treats that are easy to make and kids will do just about anything for them. A small batch of these would get a bedroom clean, dishes done, dinner made, or pretty much any other thing that needs done. Unfortunately, my son is barely two and I can’t even get him to pick up his toys. The biggest chore he does is throw away his dirty diapers. These are even great to bribe your husband into doing housework. Trust me, it’ll work out perfectly.
I packed these little chocolate cups full of peanut butter and my homemade jam. You can easily use store bought jam or jelly in place of my homemade jam. My batch makes 8 miniature cups, but you can easily double or triple the batch recipe.
Peanut Butter Jam Cups
- 1 cup milk chocolate candy melts
- 1 tsp shortening butter flavored
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Line your mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Place your melting wafers and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals and stir after each interval until the chocolate is completely smooth. Mine took about 3 30-second intervals.
- Spoon a bit of chocolate in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Using the spoon or a clean paintbrush, push the chocolate up the sides of the liner.
- Once all the liners are covered with a semi-thick layer of chocolate, place in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Place your jam and peanut butter in separate disposable piping bags. This will help control the filling as your putting it into the liners.
- Remove the liners from the fridge and pipe a thin layer of peanut butter and jam in each liner. Be sure to not overfill the liners. You want there to be some chocolate sides showing so the tops will meet up with the sides.
- If the leftover chocolate has started to set up, put it back in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Spoon enough chocolate over the top of the jam to cover it. Push the chocolate to the sides. Place back in the fridge once all the liners are filled for a few minutes for the chocolate to set up.
- Remove from the fridge, and eat up.
I hope you enjoy the peanut butter & jam cups!