Second cookie this week and it’s a peanut butter butterscotch cookie for the peanut butter bash! December’s ingredients are.. you guessed it, peanut butter and butterscotch. I did a slight variation from my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that I posted Tuesday. When I say slight variation, I added butterscotch chips instead of milk chocolate chips and that’s it.
Butterscotch is one of my many, many favorites. My favorites list is pretty long, if you haven’t noticed. I’m basically always saying something else is my favorite. There’s one thing that we know for sure, peanut butter is at the tippy top. I could eat it all day, every day. Don’t tell anyone, but sometimes I just eat a big spoon of peanut butter from the jar. Speaking of, I just polished off my jar of extra chunky pb that way.
Last night I had one of these fresh out of the oven. It was hot and completely gooey. I sat down next to my cookie monster husband who sort of gave it the eye. Since I’m occassionally a sharing kind of wife, I waved it in front of him without telling him that it was piping hot. He took a bite and had quite the surprise. He gave me the business, I think. All I could hear was a muffled yell, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a thank you babe.
I polished it off while it was still gooey. I didn’t even need a hot cup of coffee to soften it. After they cool, you will need that cup of coffee. The gooey factor goes away.
I’ve spent this week playing catch up since I took last Wed. – Sunday off to spend with my family. You just wait to see what I have in store for you next week. Seriously, if you’re not following me on Instagram, you need to. I have some amazing giveaways planned that I can’t wait to share!
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 + ½ cups light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp . vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp . baking soda
- ¼ tsp . salt
- 2 + ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 11 oz . bag butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until combined. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the egg and vanilla paste. Mix until the egg is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the dish.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips until mixed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the prepared pan. Place them about 2 inches apart.
- Place into the oven and bake for 17 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there! Check out the recipes we made while you’re at it!