Hey there again! Welcome to day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas cookies. These molasses sugar cookies are tiny bites of soft heavenly goodness. I got this recipe from a family member and I'm pretty happy I snatched it up. If you're into a mixture of soft, tender sugar cookies and molasses cookies, these are for you! Oh and if you missed yesterday's post, it was chocolate drop sugar cookies and day 1 of the 12 days!
I usually enjoy dipping my cookies into coffee, tea, hot cocoa or milk. These, however, do not need it. They are a cookie dipper's dream come true. Perfectly tender. Once of my favorites part of the cookie is the size I made them. There's something that makes me just love itty bitty cookies. Let's be honest. Basically anything that's itty bitty steals my heart.
Molasses Sugar Cookies
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in butter and sugar. Mix 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses, egg and vanilla. Mix on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the baking soda, cinnamon, clove, ginger, salt and flour. Mix until the cookie dough ball forms.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies and place on the prepared cookie pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Leave a Reply