Hey there again! Welcome to day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas cookies. These molasses sugar cookies are tiny bites of soft heavenly goodness. I got this recipe from a family member and I’m pretty happy I snatched it up. If you’re into a mixture of soft, tender sugar cookies and molasses cookies, these are for you! Oh and if you missed yesterday’s post, it was chocolate drop sugar cookies and day 1 of the 12 days!
I usually enjoy dipping my cookies into coffee, tea, hot cocoa or milk. These, however, do not need it. They are a cookie dipper’s dream come true. Perfectly tender. Once of my favorites part of the cookie is the size I made them. There’s something that makes me just love itty bitty cookies. Let’s be honest. Basically anything that’s itty bitty steals my heart.
Molasses Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in butter and sugar. Mix 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses, egg and vanilla. Mix on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the baking soda, cinnamon, clove, ginger, salt and flour. Mix until the cookie dough ball forms.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies and place on the prepared cookie pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.