Today is day 6 of the 9 days of Christmas giveaways and I’m going to sweeten the deal by throwing in a mocha milkshake recipe to go along with it. I’m teaming up with World Vision Catalog to give away a little package of goodies. You’ll be able to enter the giveaway on my instagram by following me and tagging two friends. This is a simple 3 ingredient milkshake with a load of flavor!
Inside the package I’m giving away is History’s first coffee blend that I brewed. I made it incredibly strong, like espresso strong, so I could still get plenty of coffee flavor even with the ice cream. It worked just as planned too.
So I wanted to tell you a bit about the World Vision Catalog. This is the perfect option if you would like to help others while still buying handcrafted gifts for your loved ones. The 2016 catalog contains more than 250 poverty-fighting gifts, ranging in price from $16 to $39,000, that improve the quality of life for struggling children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
The handcrafted gifts you can purchase are beautiful, I’ll add. The olivewood scoop that comes with the coffee is a keeper. I had to show it off to everyone, because it’s pretty! The beaded wooden bracelet is one of my favorite bracelets currently! It is so unique, people can’t help but notice it. Then there’s the tree of life votive holder that gives me a reason to burn candles non-stop.
- 1/2 cup strong coffee cooled
- 1 + 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 2 T . chocolate syrup divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 T . powdered sugar
- Add the heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl. Beat on medium until soft peaks form.
- Add in the powdered sugar and beat until it becomes thick and forms stiff peaks. Place in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
- Add the coffee, chocolate ice cream, and 1 T. chocolate syrup in a blender. Blend until the ice cream is completely incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining chocolate syrup on the sides of a glass.
- Pour the milkshake into the glass.
- Add the whipped cream into a disposable bag fitted with a 1M tip.
- Pipe a tall swirl in the center of the milkshake.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup on the top of the whipped cream.
- Top with a chocolate covered espresso bean, if you have one.
The World Vision Gift Catalog has grown in popularity over the years as a gift-giving alternative. Last year alone, more than 650,000 people were helped through funds generated by the Catalog. Want to see where your money goes? Check out this video from World Vision to learn more: https://youtu.be/VODK55tS2XA
To order from World Vision’s Gift Catalog, call 855-WV-GIFTS or visit http://donate.worldvision.org/ways-to-give/gift-catalog?campaign=3020570
I was provided a World Vision Catalog sample box to review. As always, all opinions are my own.0