I love chocolate and fall. That little brown owl in the middle of the picture above, yeah those are the best in these rice crispy treats. They all are pretty much the best, I don’t know why I’m trying to pick out favorites. These cookies, in my opinion, are so much better than the regular rice crispies. I know there are always going to be the people that are partial to the originals, but let’s be adventurous. C’mon!
I don’t know if it’s the cold weather or my lack of sleep lately, but I’ve been so down in the dumps. Do people say that anymore? Probably not. I had to look up what the heck twerking was. This, my friends, is a sign I’m getting older. Speaking of getting older, my parents, brother, and I are all having birthdays this month and next. It makes them easy to remember. My beautiful mother had her birthday on the 10th and since we didn’t go down that weekend and it seems no one made/bought her a cake. I shall surprise her with one this weekend. Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Mine and my mama’s favorite. I’m pretty sure she introduced us and it has been love since.
You’re probably thinking, why don’t you take some of these treats down to her instead. Well, because they’re all gone. Not to mention, I made them a week or so ago. A lot of the time I will go on a baking spree where I bake several things in a couple of days. I’m not the only one that does that, am I?
Fall Chocolate Crispy Treats
- 1 10.5 oz . pkg marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 4 T . Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 7 cups cocoa rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup candy corn M& M's
- 1/2 cup harvest mix candy
- Grease a 7x11 or 9x13 pan. Line with parchment paper and grease that as well. I used a 7x11 pan because I wanted a thicker rice crispy treat. You can easily use a 9x13 and make the crispy treat thinner.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add in the marshmallows, butter, and chocolate syrup. Stir constantly until the marshmallows and butter have melted into a smooth, gooey consistency.
- Add in the rice crispies, M&M's, and harvest candy. Stir until everything is coated.
- Grease a spatula or your hand depending on what you want to press down with. Press into the prepared pan. Let cool for an hour. Cut into squares and serve.
Enjoy the recipe for the fall chocolate rice crispies!