It's Christmas eve and I'm sharing with you some egg creams. The recipe is straight from the hubby himself. It's a tradition that Wesley used to do with his dad. They still do it actually. I honestly had never heard of egg creams until I met Wesley. The same goes for chicken spiedies. This drink is simple to make and is rich and bubbly.
Did I mention messy? This drink can be messy. Are you thinking how in the world is that possible? Well, my friends, I've come to learn that you MUST hold the 7 up wayyyy above the glass to make sure there's enough fizzy, bubbly goodness that forms on the top. You may know it as the head. When you do this, it really makes it impossible to hit the glass right away. It's nothing a dish towel can't wipe up though.
We all have our traditions on Christmas eve. All of my childhood and teenage years, my gramma would come spend the night at our house on Christmas eve. We would snack until our bellies would bulge and watch Christmas movies. Now my gram has passed away, we still pig out on snacks and stay the night at my parents.
- 1 - 1 ½ T . chocolate syrup
- 4 oz . milk
- 3 oz . 7 up
- In a glass, add in the chocolate syrup.
- Add in the milk and stir in the chocolate syrup until well combined.
- Fill the glass up with the 7 up. Be sure to hold the 7 up 6 to 12 inches above the glass to form a head on the top of the drink.
- Give it a quick stir and drink!
What are your Christmas and Christmas eve traditions?