These cheesy pecan tassies are the perfect snack to pop in your mouth while enjoying movie night. It’s like a tiny pecan pie that’s slightly savory with a havarti cheese filling. I love pairing creamy cheeses with a pecan pie filling. If you have’t check out my pecan and brie hand pies, you must!
Since we’ve had Lucian, we never really go out to watch movies at the Theaters anymore. Our son is never too far from us and a four-year-old can’t sit still long enough to watch a movie. I miss the little boxes of candy and the buttery popcorn. I’m a sweet and salty fanatic and loved pairing the two together even if it was just a bucket of popcorn and a box of chocolate. I stepped up this movie snack with these cheesy pecan tassies. Hello sweet and salty.
As a child, my mom used to always make pecan tassies. I loved everything about them and still do! The cream cheese dough and amazing pecan pie filling. These things are so addicting! I just had to amp them up slightly with an extremely creamy cheese for a savory addition though. The sweet and This is the kind of appetizer that I can’t live without.
Cheesy Pecan Tassies
- 2 T . butter melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- 4 oz . Castello creamy Havarti
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter and cream cheese. Mix until combined.
- Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in the flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for 30 - 45 minutes.
- In a mini cupcake pan, add about 1 tablespoon of dough into each cavity.
- Press the dough into the cavity and remove any excess by running a cake spatula along the top. I would place the off-set cake spatula in the center of the dough and remove one half then repeat to the other half.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the melted butter and brown sugar. Use a whisk, and whisk until combined.
- Add in the corn syrup, vanilla extract, salt and beaten eggs. Whisk until completely incorporated.
- Stir in pecans.
- Slice the havarti into 1/4 inch cubes. Place two in the bottom of each dough cup.
- Fill the cup the rest of the way with the pecan filling. Repeat with all cups.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. I baked mine for 23 minutes exactly. The tops will have a crusty top and the if any cheese is peaking out it will be slightly browned.
Castello and the new movie Burnt are running a sweepstakes! You can enter the Unlock Your Inner Chef Sweepstakes now through November 20. You can win delicious prizes like private cooking classes for two and a year’s supply of Castello cheese! Head over now to get entered!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.