I love Halloween. I love fall. I love candy corn! Okay, so I’m sure you get it. I’m madly in love with everything to do with autumn. The other day my mom and I were reminiscing about our favorite candy giver outers when we went trick or treating as children. Candy giver outer is a technical term. My gram always gave out popcorn with some candy corn in it for her sweet treat. I’m sure no kids ate it other than family.
I decided to try my hand at making my own air popped corn with candy corn sprinkled in it. I decided to add a few more ingredients. Before I knew it, I had the makings for popcorn balls in my pot and pouring it over a sheet pan of neatly laid out air popped corn. I love the flavors of popcorn balls, but I hate biting into them. I hate biting into anything. It’s a fear that has come from having two root canals on my front teeth, I’m sure. No, they weren’t rotten.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels popped
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 8-10 Oreos finely crushed
- 3/4 cup candy corn
- Pop the corn kernels in an air popper or on the stove top in a pot.
- Place the popped corn on a large jelly roll pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the Oreos and candy corn over the popcorn.
- In a large pot, add in butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Using a candy thermometer, let the mixture come up to 265 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Pour the hot mixture evenly over the popcorn. Give the corn a gentle toss.
- Add sprinkles and let cool to room temperature.
- Place in a bowl and eat down.
Enjoy the Halloween candy popcorn!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.