Butter rum is one of my favorite flavors Christmas time flavors. I knew I just had to create a butter rum cheesecake topped with a butter rum sauce. It's so creamy and delicious. Did I mention there's no alcohol on this cheesecake?
This post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Butter Rum Cheesecake
When I first made this cheesecake I didn't intend on it being topped with a butter rum sauce. I needed something for the top of the butter rum cheesecake to make it look finished so I quickly whipped up the sauce except it's not really a sauce. It's slightly crunchy sort of like the topping to my monkey bread recipe.
I love it, but it doesn't have to be crunchy. It can just be a sauce or you can leave it off completely. The cheesecake has enough butter rum flavor all by itself thanks to LorAnn Oils super-strength flavoring.
How to Make Buttered Rum Sauce
This buttered rum sauce takes under 5 minutes to put together because we're making such a small amount of sauce.
- Add brown sugar and heavy cream to a medium saucepan. Stir frequently.
- Let the sugar melt completely and remove from the heat. This will take about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in butter and LorAnn Oils super-strength butter rum flavoring.
To make the buttered rum sauce crunchy, heat it for 3 minutes. The sugar will come up to a rolling boil.
To make the buttered rum saucy, just heat it until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Butter Rum Cheesecake Recipe
I love that the top of this butter rum cheesecake doesn't brown up while it's baking. It makes it perfect to leave plan if you don't want to make the buttered rum sauce.
Some of the tops of the cheesecake recipes do brown up like my sugar cookie cheesecake. I even kept the brown top for photos on my sugar cookie cheesecake because sugar cookies do have a nice golden brown edge on them. Most of the time I would quickly cover it up with whipped cream or ganache.
How to Make Butter Rum Cheesecake
The key to avoiding a lumpy cheesecake is to not add too much liquid at once and to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as often as possible.
To whip up this butter rum cheesecake, start by beating together the cream cheese and sugar. Once that's smooth, add in LorAnn Oil's super-strength butter rum flavoring and the eggs one at a time. After beating in each egg, be sure to scrape down the bowl.
Lastly. add in the sour cream and heavy cream. Give it a quick mix and pour it into a graham cracker crust. It's that easy.
My most popular cheesecake recipes:
- Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Cookie Monster Cheesecake
Butter Rum Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon LorAnn Oils super-strength Butter Rum
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
Butter Rum Sauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tablespoon cold butter
- ⅛ teaspoon LorAnn Oils super-strength Butter Rum
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray the sides of the 9.5-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Wrap the sides of the pan with a strip of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Stir until the butter coats all the crumbs.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place in the oven and let bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you work on the cheesecake filling.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Mix until completely incorporated. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again to avoid any lumps of cream cheese in your batter.
- Add in the butter rum flavoring and eggs one at a time. Beat in each egg completely before adding the next. Scrape down the bowl after adding each egg.
- Add in the sour cream and heavy cream. Mix until incorporated.
- Just before adding the cheesecake mixture, wrap the outside of the springform pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty tin foil.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust.
- Place the springform pan in a slightly larger baking pan. Fill the outer pan with 1 inch of water. This will keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Place in the oven at 325 degrees and let bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done. To make sure the cheesecake is done, gently give it a wiggle. If it slightly jiggles in JUST the middle like jello, then it's done. If it jiggles all over, it needs to bake longer. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door slightly. Let it cool in the oven for 1 to 2 hours until it reaches room temperature and then place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Make the sauce and whipped cream after the cheesecake has chilled.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the brown sugar and heavy cream. Place the pan over medium heat and stir frequently.
- As soon as the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and butter rum flavoring. It should only take about 1 to 2 minutes for the sugar to dissolve. I made my sauce crunchy by letting it stay on the heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce on top of the cheesecake and spread out.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Add in the powdered sugar. Continue to beat until it becomes thick and stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream into a piping bag with a 1M tip. Pipe swirls on top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice and serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Bourbon Salted Caramel Coffee with Whipped Cream from With Two Spoons
Chocolate Eggnog Pudding Shots from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Cookie Butter Eggnog Cocktail from My Suburban Kitchen
Eggnog Martini from Everyday Eileen
Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Drops from Family Around the Table
Mulled Red Wine Sangria from Platter Talk
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from Live Love Texas
Salted Caramel Affogato from Tara's Multicultural Table
Salted Caramel Apple Cider Martinis from Sweet Beginnings
Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini from The Crumby Kitchen
Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie from An Affair from the Heart
Salted Caramel White Hot Chocolate from Who Needs A Cape?
Sugar Cookie Martini from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Almond Butter Rum Toffee from Take Two Tapas
Christmas Eggnog Fudge from For the Love of Food
Christmas Grinch Bark from Blogghetti
Cookie Butter Bark from Seduction in the Kitchen
Eggnog Sugar Cookie Bark from 4 Sons 'R' Us
White Christmas Sugar Cookie Dough Fudge from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Black Forest Cheesecake from Kate's Recipe Box
Butter Rum Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Butter Rum Nutty Biscotti from Love and Confections
Christmas Cornflake Wreaths from The Mandatory Mooch
Cookie Butter Blossom Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookie Butter Shortbread Bars from Eat Move Make
Fluffernutter Truffles from Mildly Meandering
Frozen Mint Meltaway Pie from Cooking with Carlee
Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Butter Rum Glaze from Daily Dish Recipes
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with Eggnog Frosting from The Baking Fairy
Spiced Eggnog Sugarmen from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Eggnog Butter Frosting from Lady Behind the Curtain
Santa Hat Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
Slice 'N' Bake Grinch Cookies from Big Bear's Wife
Snowmen Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Thank you ChristmasSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Lorann Oils & Flavors, Torani, Joyjolt, and Sweets & Treats Boutique for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The ChristmasSweetsWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The ChristmasSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the ChristmasSweetsWeek posts or entry.