When I think of blueberry muffins, I think of my dad. He is a blueberry lover. He loves anything that has blueberries. In fact, I made some of these for him when I was home last weekend. He couldn’t wait to take them to work and heat them up.
I used frozen blueberries to make these particular muffins, but you’re more than welcome to use fresh. I used some fresh ones that were given to my dad by one of my mom’s co-workers. Either ones will do the trick!
Do you have a favorite way to eat muffins? I do! I’ll warm them up in the microwave and then spread far too much butter on them. Yum! My very favorite. I, however, will not being doing such activities until after my best friend has her wedding in September. I’ve been on a diet.. errr. I mean “watch what I eat constantly” phase since I found out at the end of April that she wanted me to be a brides maid. I’m proud to say that yesterday morning I had officially lost 50 pounds.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place baking cups into a cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix on medium until incorporated.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest and mix until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Alternately add the flour and milk into the butter and sugar mixture. Start with the flour and end with flour. I did 3 parts flour and 2 parts milk. Make sure you turn the mixer on low so the flour doesn't poof up into your face.
- Stir the blueberries in.
- Fill the baking cups 3/4th full of batter. Sprinkle muffins with sugar.
- Place into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Let them bake for an additional 10 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick into the center of the muffins and if it comes out clean, the muffins are done. I would start checking them at 8 minutes.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.