This blackberry key lime pie had to happen. I love blackberries especially if it doesn’t involve the seeds. After seeing a few recipes pairing blackberries and lime together, I took the plunge myself. I couldn’t have made a more beautiful pie. It was so stinkin’ pretty.
Even after I cut it, it was still pretty. It didn’t stop me though, I hammered this pie down. It was so incredibly creamy. It was sweet and tart and packed a blackberry punch. Folks, these are all things that I can dig on.
I didn’t have fresh key lime’s for this recipe, but I did find some pretty tasty Nellie and Joe’s Key West Lime Juice (aff. link) that was bottled. You can pick it up at Walmart or through Amazon. I’m not really sure where else you can find it, but I do recommend it if fresh isn’t available.
Blackberry Key Lime Pie
- 1 + 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 T . butter melted
- 1 14 oz . can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Nellie and Joes Key West Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberry juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Stir until it looks like wet sand.
- Press the graham crackers into an 8 inch pie plate.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the sweetened condense milk, yolks, lime juice and blackberry juice. I used fresh blackberries and pressed them through a sieve to get my juice. It will take about 1 to 1 1/4 cups of fresh blackberries to get enough juice.
- Mix until combined. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Place in the oven at 350 and bake for 22 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool and place in the fridge for 3 hours to overnight to finish setting up.
- Cut and serve.
This giveaway is open until Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 at 12:00AM PST. The giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Winner will be chosen randomly and announced in this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.