These cookies are amazing! They are packed full of the peanut butter flavor and perfectly chewy. Any cookie that only needs 3 ingredients is a winner in my book, no matter what. These cookies didn’t even make it a day and a half. That’s how fantastic they were.
I had asked my husband what his favorite cookie was. I would have guessed sugar, chocolate chip, or maybe snickerdoodles, but apparently I don’t know Wesley’s taste buds very well. I could have swore it wasn’t going to be peanut butter. I kind of feel awful that I didn’t know, being his wife and all.
This wife does love crunching on some peanuts and chocolate with her peanut butter cookies. So, I made my own. 5 of my very own cookies.
Yum! I should make more and take them down to my parent’s to try. That’ll be my excuse. They’re for mom and dad. I guess if that’s my big plan, I should wait until Friday to bake them or else..
else.. they just won’t make it.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coating chocolate (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanuts , coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add in the peanut butter and sugar. Stir with a spatula until combined.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and lightly beat with a fork.
- Add the egg into the peanut butter and sugar mixture. Continue stirring until the egg incorporated well into the peanut butter mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and using a cookie scoop, scoop out small balls of dough. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- With a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on the dough balls. This will flatten them out and give them a little design.
- Place into the oven and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then place them on a cooling rack. You can immediately start eating on them or.. add a little chocolate and peanuts
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add in the coating chocolates. Place in the microwave for 30 second intervals and stir after each time. It should only take 2 times to completely smooth out the chocolate.
- Dip the cooled cookies into the chocolate and tap off the excess chocolate.
- Hold the cookie over the peanut bowl and sprinkle the chopped peanuts onto the chocolate. Place back onto the cooling rack to dry. It will take maybe 10 minutes to dry.
This recipe was adapted from Bakerella.
Try these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies! You won’t regret it.0