Who’s a maraschino fan? I could shamefully sit down and eat a jar of these cherries and drink the juice all by my lonesome. So of course I had to pawn these white chocolate cherry bombs off on my parents.
Valentine’s is coming fast and I’m just starting on my festive recipes. Let’s be honest, I’m a last minute girl. That’s okay though, because these white chocolate cherry truffles will only require a few ingredients.
Do you see that ganache that’s in the center? It’s amazing! Yes, these cherry bombs are rich, but they’re truffles. They’re a tiny little package of decadent white chocolate and maraschino cherry heaven.
I just thought of an awesome name for these guys. It’s true, in the middle of this post the name of these guys changed from white chocolate cherry truffles to white chocolate cherry bombs. Love it!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 T. heavy cream
- 10 oz jar (27) maraschino cherries with stems
- ¾ cup white coating chocolate
- 1 + ½ tsp. shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the white chocolate whips and ganache. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving and stirring two more times. The ganache should come together and be thick.
- Pour the ganache in a long baking pan, an 11x7 would work perfect. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until very firm. I left mine overnight. It's important for as much of the ganache as possible gets a crust on it. It will help to wrap them around the cherries.
- Drain the cherries and dry them off.
- Using a teaspoon, take a scoop of the ganache. Press it between 2 pieces of parchment to stretch it out. You want the ganache to be big enough to wrap around the cherry. Make sure to lay the crusted side down flat.
- Carefully put the piece of the top. It will be slightly sticky. The bottom should peel right off because it's crusted.
- The sticky side of the ganache needs to go against the cherry. Carefully press the ganache to wrap it around the cherry. It there's too much, just pinch it off and place it back in the pan.
- Place the ones that have been wrapped on another piece of parchment paper.
- Once all the cherries are wrapped with ganache, place them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the white coating chocolate and shortening.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat this step 3 more times until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the cherries from the fridge. Dip each cherry in the white coating chocolate and tap off the extra chocolate by tapping the wrist of the hand holding the cherry. Place back on the parchment paper. They will set fast.
- Store in the fridge.
Do you like maraschino cherries?