This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
Popcorn that’s sweet and spicy. It’s now a thing with this sriracha caramel corn. It’s a fun twist on caramel corn and I feel like I need a good pat on the back for it. It gives a little heat at the end of eating the corn. It’s just enough to make someone say, “Ohh, there’s some heat in that corn!” Yes, folks. That really happened when I surprised the hubby with some sriracha caramel corn!
This is a simple recipe to throw together for a date night movie. The best part of this is the sriracha almonds. They are seriously a new love. They’re also brand spanking new flavor! You must try them especially if you’re into spicy. You’ll thank me, I’m pretty positive.
I used to have a boss that insisted that the best popcorn was some that came in the microwavable bags. It didn’t really matter the brand as long as it sat around and became stale and slightly soggy. He was a crazy old man. A super decent boss, but insane.
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- ½ + 2 T. butter, cubed
- ½ cup Blue Diamond sriracha almonds
- Add the popcorn kernels to your hot air popper. Collect the popcorn in a bowl. If you're going to pop the corn the old fashioned way, add it into a kettle with about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Place a lid on the kettle and heat over medium heat. Give it a swirl occassionally.
- Once all the popcorn is popped, spread it out onto a 17¼ x 11½ Inch jelly roll pan. Add ¼ cup of the sriracha almonds over top of the popcorn.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the sugar. Turn on to medium heat and let it heat and eventually melt and caramelize the sugar. Swirl the sugar around by moving the saucepan in a circular motion. Don't use utensils. It took the sugar about 30 minutes to turn into a caramelized melted sugar.
- Add in the salt and sriracha and whisk.
- Add in the cubes of butter and whisk vigorously until the butter combines with the sugar. It will become thick.
- Pour the thickened caramel sauce over top of the popcorn and almonds. Drizzle it evenly over the corn.
- Immediately add the remaining almonds and give the popcorn a stir/toss to cover it evenly.
- Spread it back out on the jelly roll pan and let it cool.
- Break apart the cooled popcorn and serve.
Are you a sriracha fan? What’s your favorite way to eat it?