Tis the season for me to start pumping out some killer cookie recipes. Of course I’ll be starting with a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, but peanut butter is my life. These cookies are soft and thick. They’re packed with peanut butter flavor, thank goodness. There’s nothing worse than a peanut butter cookie that you can’t taste the peanut butter in. That’s like torture to me.
Another ingredient that is important for any dessert is the vanilla. My go-to vanilla bean paste and extract is from Rodelle. They’re both equally amazing which is why I’m happily an ambassador for them. Seriously. You need to get your hands on the vanilla bean paste. You can grab it on Amazon at any time.
I love Christmas time. I can make any kind of cookie I want and it’s still considered festive. I also have a house full of cookie monsters which makes it even more exciting to pump out a bunch of cookie recipes. I can’t even begin to explain the joy I get from people enjoying my recipes. It’s very pleasing.
Do you know what else is pleasing? Blaring Christmas music and attempting to sing along. As Wesley has told me thousands of times, I’m tone-deaf. I also can’t remember the lyrics to an entire song to save my life. I just make up the words that sort of go with the song and keep on chugging. Wesley just shakes his head and laughs at me. He expects this sort of behavior out of me. hehe
I just posted a photo in my VIP facebook group of my basket of chocolate chips. It seems that I have quite the problem. Can you guess what chips I had the most of? Milk chocolate. I absolutely love milk chocolate chips. I’m okay with semi-sweet, but they just aren’t nearly as satisfying for me. However, I always say you can interchange the two in pretty much all of my recipes. It’s all preference.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 + ½ cups light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp . Rodelle vanilla paste
- ½ tsp . baking soda
- ¼ tsp . salt
- 2 + ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until combined. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the egg and vanilla paste. Mix until the egg is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the dish.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips until mixed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the prepared pan. Place them about 2 inches apart.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 - 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Anyway, quite a few of the Rodelle Ambassadors are sharing their cookie recipes. Click over to see them!
I’m a Rodelle ambassador. I’m not paid, but I do receive product.
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.