This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
I’ll admit that we have a habit of leaving half ate containers of ice cream in the freezer begging to be finished. So, a quick fix is to make a quick and easy 4 ingredient ice cream bread. This particular bread is a butter pecan ice cream bread with some toasted pecans thrown on top and a little vanilla extract added. It can easily be made with any ice cream flavor you have.
I first heard of ice cream bread from a peanut butter bash I was doing. My friend, Rebecca, made a peanut butter & chocolate ice cream bread. I was instantly intrigued and knew it had to go on my list of things to make. So, here we are months later with my very own bread. Yay!
This could have easily been a 2 ingredient recipe, but I knew toasted pecans and vanilla extract could really amp up the recipe. Nuts of any sort just taste so much better toasted. They become slightly brittle when you bite them which makes my mouth water just thinking about. I’m a sucker for perfect textures. Their flavors are more enhanced. Just everything about a toasted nut is wonderful.
I happen to have a couple of Blue Bunny® ice cream flavors in the freezer begging to be used. So, I used one. I grabbed the homemade vanilla and butter pecan flavors the last time I made a trip to Walmart. I was drawn in by the pretty swirls in the ice cream which you can see with it’s clear packaging. I don’t always have a craving for ice cream, but when I do I like to have a variety. Well, it’s more that the husband and I can never ever agree on the same flavor. Isn’t that how it goes though?
4 Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
- 3 cups Blue Bunny® Butter Pecan Ice Cream softened
- 1 + 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the ice cream, flour, and vanilla. Stir with a spatula until incorporated.
- Pour into the loaf pan and spread out. Be sure to get into the corners and to the edges.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts on top of the bread.
- Place into the preheated oven to bake for 45 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick into the center of the bread and if it comes out with moist crumbs or clean it's done.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely, slice and serve.
Recipe NotesTo toast my pecans, I placed them on a pan and baked at 300 degrees for 14 minutes. I gave them a toss and checked on them a few times to make sure they didn't burn.
This recipe was inspired by Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream Bread.
What’s your favorite Blue Bunny® ice cream flavor? I think I can maybe narrow it down to three. There’s coffee, anything chocolate and peanut butter and black raspberry.